There is no better time to deep clean your home than the start of the year. With the holidays behind us, it is time to clean the most commonly overlooked areas in the house. Here is a checklist of the top 10 things to clean for the new year.
- The oven: Use baking soda, dish soap, and water to wipe off the turkey drippings and other stains in the oven. Be sure to use a microfiber cloth to wipe it clean. You can also install a grease trap in your kitchen to prevent grease from getting into the sewer lines. Grease trap Dallas is a trusted company that can help you anything related to the grease trap.
- The refrigerator: Use an all-purpose cleaner to clean the shelves, door, as well as the surface of the fridge. A soft brush will come in handy for cleaning the fridge’s coils at the back.
- Bathrooms: deep clean the tub, shower, and showerheads to get rid of grime and other forms of dirt. You needn’t use harsh chemicals to clean the bathroom. There are plenty of eco-friendly cleaning options out there.
- Cabinets: Cabinets can be a magnet for dust, dirt, and grime. Use a microfiber cloth and dish soap to wipe fingerprints, splattered oil, and grime from the surfaces.
- Windows: Use a microfiber cloth and a plastic spatula to clean the windows. You could also choose to use window cleaners to remove stubborn stains as well.
- The carpet: Carpets tend to collect more dirt, dust, and allergens during the holiday seasons. Vacuum the carpets repeatedly to get rid of animal fur, dirt, and allergens, and deodorize it for improved home freshness.
- Mattresses: Remove and toss the sheets in the washing machine, then sprinkle baking soda on the mattress. Leave them for a few minutes, then vacuum them off. This should help eliminate foul odors from the mattress, leaving it smelling fresh.
- Beddings: With the mattress in the airing chamber, have the pillows and blankets machine washed on a low setting. If you saw bed bugs in your bed, wardrobe, curtains and other stuff at home, contact a bed bug extermination.
- Vent covers: Use a splash of dish soap and hot water to clean the vent covers. This should be done after unscrewing the vent covers.
- The Washing machine: The washing machine too needs to be cleaned every once in a while. Add 2 cups of white vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda to the drum, then run the machine for several minutes. Next, clean the rubber gasket using an all-purpose cleaner to get rid of grime and dirt.
Another is replacing your old air conditioner at home. Maui ac can help you with it.
For the outside of your house, clean your backyard. Sweep dry leaves, put trash in your trash cans, donate or sell junks, and trim or remove dead trees. Call a tree removal service if you wish to remove dead trees.
These are just but some of the things you should consider cleaning this new year.